Idol Pa Edit (Jan 5-6) Reflections

Proofs of attendance:


Sign Up

Jan 5- Attendance

Jan 6- Attendance







Attendance Certificate

January 5 ,
This is the second webinar series that I am attending in Idol Pa Edit, the topic "VSF or visual effects"  sound so intimidating of a subject. Just like that I pressed join the meeting and entered the webinar with thoughts that I would absolutely not understand a single word that the guest speaker would say. And god was I wrong, like how could someone just explain and actually make a tutorial of it for a short span of 30 minutes. Like I just move from my desk a bit to get a glass of water and he is already half way finished. This guy, Sir Michael Chris Almasco is a freaking mad lad and not only that apparently he started at the age of NINE just because he was bored like HOW?? But jokes aside the main highlight of the webinar for me is not how he edited a video in god speed or what age he started refining his skills. The thing that structed me in the middle of it all is something he said. He thought a lesson that would be unforgettable as a beginner artist that is intimidated to all the new and crazy things to come in our art journey. And those exact words are, "Beginners tend to imitate artist they respect by buying or using the same apps, equipment and tools but all of those would be rendered useless if you don't polish yourself in the end of the day the one who will do the work is you and only YOU"

Jan 6,
Today as I am writing this at exactly 3:41 pm despite feeling a bit tired from our face-to-face classes and attending the webinar, let's just say it is the time that I don't have much of an inspiration to reflect to another webinar as I also just finished typing out the first one today. And due to the rain our connection kept lagging, forcing me to leave and reconnect over and over again. The only thing that I have learned is that graphics design is different to graphic art as graphic design serves a purpose to the consumer's (is that the correct term???) day-to-day life, such as logos, signs and layouts. After that I am still currently re watching the stream in Facebook and after almost finishing the VOD, I just got to say that the way Sir Ivan Cambamongan shorten the explanation about the basics of graphics design and a short simple color theory is kind of refreshing compared to a very stretched out lesson and discussion. And the way he gave his inputs about said examples are compelling enough that  someone can easily understand it and relate to what he is pointing out. And my most favorite lines of his from this is "Your design should be understandable even to the slowest person there is", "It is okay to fail, just keep on practicing until you can be proud and confident of your skills" and "Take all the advantages as much as you can, improve it and use it because knowledge without action is useless." 



And I guess that's it for the thoughts of the webinar. I just hoped that someone will actually read this LOL  (ノoωo)ノ♡

Comments

Popular Posts